Device and Method for Repetitive Needleless Injection
US Patent No. US 10,709,843 B2
Field of the Invention:
This innovation is in the field of needleless injection technology.
Overview of the Invention:
The invention presents a handheld device designed for needleless injections. This device is specifically tailored for repetitive use and offers a new method for injecting liquids into a surface without using needles.
- Handheld Unit: The device features a compact, handheld design, making it user-friendly and portable.
- Liquid Cell: A specialized cell within the unit holds the liquid to be injected.
- Propulsion Mechanism: This mechanism generates pressure pulses, propelling micro-jets of liquid from the cell through an orifice in the device at high velocity, allowing for penetration into the surface without needles.
- Reservoir and Conduit: A reservoir is linked to the cell via a conduit, ensuring a continuous flow of liquid into the cell, replacing the ejected liquid.
- Controller: An integrated controller operates the propulsion mechanism, allowing for the repetitive ejection of liquid in a controlled, precise manner.
Benefits of the Invention:
- Needleless: Eliminates the need for traditional needles, reducing discomfort and risk of needle-stick injuries.
- Repetitive Use: Designed for multiple, consecutive injections, enhancing efficiency in various applications.
- Precision: The micro-jet technology ensures accurate and consistent delivery of liquid into the target surface.
This invention represents a significant advancement in the field of injection technology, offering a safer, more efficient alternative to traditional needle-based methods.